I have no idea what the fuck to call this?
I basically had a few bits to use up in he fridge and sort of just winged it… no change there then.
It’s essentially a twist of meatballs with chicken meatballs instead with a twist on the el Classico.
Just stay with me on this. I didn’t even take photos because I wasn’t expecting much till I tasted at the end and blew my own mind!
You will need:
- Chicken meatballs/pre made were what we had but if you’re a culinary wizard then smash them out ya self!
- Passata sauce
- Worcester sauce (the tits in every meal)
Soooo, we all know where this is going, although this time I didn’t even follow a recipe so the winging was real. (I also expected it to be beef meatballs when I got them out the freezer yesterday so this all came to me like a vision in white.)
- In a large frying pan heat oil, finely chopped onion (to the point its pulverised if your other half had an aversion to it and used less than half of one), garlic and salt (if it’s not for the kiddies)
- Finely chop 2 celery stalks and add
- Finely chop mushrooms and do the same (I used 2 and again, pulverising was essential)
- Add the chicken balls, we had a 12 pack and it made 3 big meals (once they were almost fully cooked I quartered them so they were less offensive)
- Add enough passata to get them swimming, not drowning and add a cup of water
- Add Worcester sauce, I’d add gallons if I could but you do you
- Get the spaghetti on
- Let it simmer and add some pasta if it looks a bit dense. (I let it simmer for about half an hour- 45 mins to get even more flavour)
- In the last 5 mins add spinach
- Serve with lashings of cheese if you fancy. Of course you fancy! (Some mozzarella would have gone down an absolute treeeat!)
Beaux loved helping again chopping the mushrooms, breaking up the celery and sprinkling the spinach (could have used basil) we went on a massive walk and got an onion on the way so coming in from the chilly afternoon this was very warmly welcomed! (I did have to go over all the chopping to get it really fine but it was great to get her involved!)
I mean, I’m not sure how much Play Doh she ate with it, but it was a hit! I thought about adding a red pepper we needed to use up but I didn’t think the flavours would gel. Again you could mix up the meat/veg or even pasta type, essentially making it a completely different fucking meal 🤣