As my close friends group enters the realms of 30, I thought I would begin my… decsent (?!) into my 30’s with 30 things I’ve learnt in almost 30 years Earth side.
That was way too many thirties. (yuck)
- Don’t worry so much. (LOLLLLL)
- Your childhood matters, but don’t let it control your adulthood.
- Being a parent is incredible. But life can still be incredible without children. It’s just a different kind of incredible.
- Forgive yourself and others. For the big things and even the little things, like your love for Filet o fish.
- Be happy with nothing.
- Don’t let a child shit in a Jumperoo.
- Your parents are human, too.
- Dairy and white wine are not my friend, unfortunately.
- Secondary school will always be awkward. For everyone. Cringing just thinking about it.
- Your opinion is not always wanted. Or needed. Especially when drunk.
- Most people are just trying their best.
- Soulmates happen.
- You will never look back on your life and think you spent too much time with your kids.
- Apparently there are people that eat when they’re hungry and stop when they’re full.
- What someone thinks of you doesn’t dictate your value.
- Ferngully will always be a right of passage, as will Dawson’s Creek.
- Listen to your grandparents.
- Take time out. Pull up the drawbridge, decompress and regroup.
- Be mindful and accountable for your actions, words and life decisions. – own that fringe fail.
- Speak your truth but know when to shut the fuck up.
- There is more than one way to do something.
- Don’t listen to Britney – Remove all things toxic from your life. Don’t even entertain it, regardless of who it is.
- Nothing in this life worth having comes easy.
- Google is not God.
- 2004 will always be one for the history books. – our last summer.
- Find someone that makes going to Aldi an adventure – you’ll need it for number 5.
- Sunsets will soothe the soul and calm a beating heart.
- If nothing changes nothing changes.
- Love each other even when you hate each other.
- Love always wins.
What life lessons would you add?