Soooo my mission at the end of the summer was to get on the ’30 going on 13′ bandwagon. My face was looking worse for wear and as the wedding/ my 30th was getting closer I knew even just small changes in my skin care, aka using more than a wet wipe, would see massive benefits to the way my skin looked and how makeup sat on it.
Not only did I want to improve my skin, but also as a makeup artist and doing my own makeup I knew I needed to switch things up to help the makeup sit better. I wasn’t leaving down to someone else to fix so I knew it was all on me and I didn’t want to look back on our wedding photos and criticise my self any more than necessary.
I started drinking 2lts of water a day and that saw massive improvements but my skin was still a little dull and my complexion was a bit all over the place from years of neglect. (Naturally after the wedding I basically stopped drinking water and now I’m like a fossil – but I’m working on it!)
Within days I saw benefits of the products I used and after getting so many questions I did post what I use on the grid. Everything is still tagged there but I’ve now wittled it down to the ride or dies and worked out what really works.
After working at Mac and receiving that ridiculous discount from Estee Lauder, my skin care taste became extrememly expensive, mostly just because it could. And while I LOVED La Mer and as much as I love the idea of the algae listening to the waves for 3 months and all the active ingredients in has, I’m more of a £30 MAXXXXX spend on a product now.
So I’ve listed and linked everything I use in order *I use*, their use, and directions. Everything has been bought by me. From April I budgeted a small amount on skincare each month so I could slowly and reasonable build up my skincare pre wedding.
I order most things through Cult Beauty, I know there’s lots of sites that have deals on certain things like M&S but Cult Beauty has more sales and more items all under one roof.
Some are affiliate links (I’ll make a % of a sale ((about 40p, probably less, as the products are so cheap )) if a purchase is made. Yolo.
- I wash my face with this cleansing balm, from Willowberry it smells delicious and it leaves my skin feeling beautiful!The nourishing face oil is beyond a dream and if you mix it with your foundation you won’t be disappointed! It comes with a flannel you can use with it too. £27 – AM/PM
- Next up, the one and only Pixi Glow Tonic. There aren’t many things I’m blown away by, but this was definitely one of them and if there is something you should definitely add to your skin care routine, its this! Around £18 –AM/PM
- The Ordinary –
- Buffet – Does what it says on the tin, all in one serum (so helps everything that goes on top of it work better) £12.99 – AM & PM
- Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 – Oil free and beyond hydrating! penetrates deep into the skins layers and delivers intense long lasting moisture as well as smoothing and plumping. £5.99 – AM/PM
- Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% – This was amazing at sorting out my breakouts in the lead up to the wedding. This along with the Pixi Glow tonix made my pores almost invisible! A dream come true for oily skin, this potent serum targets breakouts, minimises pores and decongests confused complexions by regulating sebum production. £5 – AM/PM
- Granactive Retinoid 5% in Squalane – This is intense! This high-strength, low-irritation serum has been proven to soften fines lines, improve pigment problems and revitalise skin. £11.95 – PM ONLY
- AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution – This is basically like a face mask, it exfoliates the top layer of skin for a more brighter and even appearance and exfoliates the skin on a deeper level to clear pore congestion. (You look nuts for a few minutess but you’ll look 13 afterwards!) £6.30PM NO MORE THAN 2xWEEK
100% Cold-Pressed Virgin Marula Oil – I use this as my moisturiser. It’s a multitasking miracle oil that hydrates skin, restoring a radiant tone, as well as moisturising hair for a silky-soft result. PM£8.25 (its amazing in your hair too!)
- Kiehls Creamy eye treatment with avocado – This is one of the best eye products ive ever used.Its so nice and melts to a water like substance and leaves my eyes feeling amazing! Around £25- £37 PM
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir – I am obsessed with this! It’s like a vitamin shot and adds an instant burst of radiance. It also works as a toner. I use it before skin care and then after makeup/ throughout the day when I need a little life. I was drenched in it on the plane to New York! £12 – AM/PM/24/7! OBSESSED!
This is just the order I use them in, it feels like a lot but these aren’t used every single time I wash my face this is just my whole range. So sometimes I leave products out and as you get used to them you’ll see which ones you need as and when. The ordinary is a little daunting to look at intially, but once you get your head around a few products you’ll love it, espescially for the price. I still need to try so so many but the Cult Beauty website is great and gives you as much info on the products as possible as well as which products/ingredients work well together.
And thats about it really! I mean don’t get me wrong, some days my makeup isn’t taken off at the end of the day and the skin care regime is put on hold, but my skin really tells me off now when I have been lax so I really know that the products have serious bang for their buck!
Let me know if you have any of these/other products you think work great and I can put them on my wish list for next month! Any questions let me know. May the skin gods be ever with you!